Coaching Doctors Blog - One year anniversary
19 June 2013
One year ago today, I started this blog about coaching doctors.
It's been a great year and I've enjoyed working with all my clients. They have included people planning for their first Consultant post, women GPs managing part-time work & families and senior secondary care Consultants taking on new projects. Many clients have wanted to get better at managing time, projects and conflict, and just about everyone has had insights into how they could do things differently to get better outcomes. Whilst every one of my clients is different, I thought I would share with you my top five observations from the last 12months of coaching doctors.
1. Doctors need to be encouraged to prioritise themselves more.
2. Doctors value having time to think, reflect and consider their development needs with someone 'independant'.
3. Doctors' personal lives benefit when they improve their professional performance.
4. Doctors like understanding their strengths & weaknesses and developing them.
5. Doctors learn fast and make quick progress.
What do you think? Post your thoughts below.
Call 0754 0593476 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.